Tuesday, January 13, 2009

On Writing

First of all, this blog is not about Stephen King's book under the same title. It is an excellent piece of work and would be quite fitting for this assignment. It essentially is an essay about...you guessed it; writing.



When talking about my writing, I would have to say I enjoy it most of the time. It is precisely at times like this when it is more enjoyable. You can be free to let yourself spill onto the paper. Like Christi said, who else knows us better than ourselves? Another time when I enjoy writing is when I'm writing fiction. I let my imagination wander along unknown paths and I get to come along, visit, and write about what I encounter. I rarely know where I'll end up which is part of the fun. I haven't been to many exotic places yet, but I've met countless characters that are endearing to me. I'm always sad to have to leave them but life is not static nor should I be.



Writing is a passion for me. That's one of the reasons I chose English as a major; to help me develop a better understanding of and become more competent at it. Passion motivates us in ways that only we can understand. We just know that we must listen to that voice that whispers to us saying," Write."

No comments: